We know things aren’t like they used to be. Business is slow…costs are high…and safety is the new priority.
Sweet Auburn Works (SAW) knows that salon and barbershop operators are essential to our community. COVID-19 has had a devastating impact on our black beauty industry, and SAW wants to help support cosmetology pros who are getting back to business during the difficult operating environment created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This grant program is being offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The program will be utilized to assist businesses during difficult and challenging times related to the economic downturns associated with the local and nationwide crisis. Eligible applicants are asked to complete the application for up to $1,500 in potential financial assistance.
- 1 to 50 Employees
- Annual Revenue less than $500,000
- Located in the City of Atlanta (priority given to Sweet Auburn Historic District businesses)
- Operating as a business prior to March 15, 2020
- Must be a for-profit business
Additional Eligibility Details
Examples of eligible uses of funds:
- Any other COVID specific related costs (Purchase of PPE or tests for employees, plexiglass to social distance, deferred maintenance, equipment associated with restarting, etc.)
- Mortgage or Rent payments for the business’s principle place of business. Mortgage or Rent payments for businesses that are located in an owner’s primary residence are not eligible
- Utility payments – electric, gas, sewer, water, trash removal – for the business’s principal place of business. Utility payments for businesses that are located in an owner’s primary residence are not eligible
- Business-related health, property and casualty, and liability insurance payments.
- Salaries or wages of all employees employed by the business
- Building maintenance costs/fees
- Software/Services that are critical for day to day operations
- Applicants will submit an itemization of expenses it intends to pay with the grant funds, which will be reviewed for compliance with the eligible expenses set forth.
- Please download and complete this expense form, bit.ly/saw-salonbarbergrant, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org upon submission of your application.completion/submission of your application.
- If awarded, following the expenditure of all grant funds, the business shall provide a listing of all expenses paid using the grant funds along with supporting documentation.
- Documentation will be in the form of canceled checks, paid invoices, bank statements, or similar documents evidencing payment.
- The listing of business expenses and accompanying documentation shall be submitted no later than 180 days following the receipt of the grant funds by the business.
- In order for your application to be considered, you must complete all the requested fields accurately.